HIROTEC AMERICA is the world’s leading comprehensive engineering company; providing state of the art tooling, engineering services and products to automotive manufacturers across the world with Headquarters located in the heart of Auburn Hills.
Currently we are seekinga TAX ACCOUNTANT to become a part of the HIROTEC Team.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Assist with the overall corporate taxation filings, including the annual federal, state, payroll and benefit tax returns, quarterly tax estimates and payroll tax filings.
- Assist in maintaining tax calendar to effectively track statutory and internal due dates for all tax filings.
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s tax provision and related disclosures. This includes evaluating book to tax differences related to fixed assets; utilize software to compute federal and state tax asset depreciation reports.
- In conjunction with the Tax Manager, research inquiries from government agencies regarding filings, compliance, and other claims. Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of federal and state tax laws, regulations, and current tax developments.
- Support of the monthly general ledger closing process by calculating, posting, and reviewing financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records
- Meets with internal Project Managers to collect information for use in monthly revenue recognition process.
- Assists in compilation of data for use in cash flow forecasting
- Assists with document preparation for financial statement audit
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree focusing in Tax and/or Accounting, 2+ years of tax focused experience, public accounting experience preferred. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of corporate and tax accounting principles; assist in design and implementation of process improvements for efficient and effective tax compliance, reporting and planning. Working knowledge of the R&D Tax Credit, Foreign Reporting (Form 5471/5472), Foreign Tax Credit, and payroll taxes preferred. Strong Microsoft Office skills required. Experience with a variety of accounting and tax software packages (i.e ProSystem fx Tax Software, etc.) Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent work environment and benefits await you!