Stamping Die Tuner
Stamping Die Tuner
HIROTEC AMERICA is the world’s leading comprehensive engineering company; providing state of the art tooling, engineering services and products to automotive manufacturers across the world.
Currently, seeking a Stamping Die Tunerto become a part of the HIROTEC Team. Execution of stamping die modifications based on engineering requests within the prescribed time frame and quality requirements. Mentoring of additional team members as assigned by manager.
- Knowledge and understanding of the HIROTEC Die process and philosophy.
- Evaluate necessary changes to improve surface and dimensional issues of sheet metal panels as defined by stamping engineering.
- Utilization of various trouble shooting techniques of stamping dies including split, wrinkle, spring back and distortion and implementation of necessary corrective actions.
- Ability to communicate with internal die tryout team and internal engineering team on status including timing, quality, and progress of assigned dies.
- Work skills include general understanding of die construction, general die disassembly / assembly, check line dies in spotting press, flame harden dies, panel nesting, die static and dynamic checks, welding, grinding / stoning / polishing, surface check in press and under lights, spotting, Class A surface adjustment, die set into press, press operation including tonnage and cushion adjustment, press maintenance, read engineering change request, inner / outer pad bearing adjustment, and dimensional review in checking fixture.
The ideal candidate will have a one year certificate from college or technical school; or 6 months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of operating cranes and Hilo’s.
HIROTEC AMERICA offers one of the most progressive benefit and compensation packages in our industry. Make the decision to join our team!