HIROTEC MANUFACTURING AMERICA, is part of the HIROTEC Group that was established in Hiroshima, Japan to deliver body-in-white closures, exhaust systems, and highly flexible closure manufacturing tooling to automotive customers around the world. With a US headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI, HIROTEC operates 25 facilities in eight countries.
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Agent to become a part of the HIROTEC MANUFACTURING AMERICA Family.
Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, for production by performing the MRP (material resource planning or Manufacturing requirement planning) to ensure customer deliverable's by performing the following duties.
- Acquire, purchase and negotiate materials, equipment, parts and supplies with a focus on quality, cost and delivery (QCD).
- Obtain quotes from existing and potential suppliers.
- Initiates and/or conducts meetings with contractors concerning contractual problems as requested.
- Assist in preparing bid information and contract preparation.
- Determine optimal inventory levels and analyze spending.
- Assist in tracking cycling of materials and inventory control to ensure accuracy.
- Schedule, order and coordinate the delivery of materials, parts and equipment using the manufacturing process.
- Review purchase orders and delivery dates and assure the production demand is properly accommodated by the delivery of materials.
- Evaluate and drive resolutions on all manufacturing material quality and supply issues.
- Understanding of the Japanese language is preferred.
- Other duties and projects may be assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Purchasing/Supply Chain from a four-year college or university; 4 - 5 years related experience and/or training; Experience within Automotive Industry, production planning (buyer planning, MRP), and inventory. Strong Microsoft Office skills required along with ERP system knowledge. Excellent written / oral communications and negotiation skills.
An excellent work environment and benefits await you!